A family of some 375 genera and 3200 species of annual and perennial herbs and some small shrubs, widely distributed but mainly in temperate regions. Contains many species of great economic importance as vegetable crops in particular. [FNSW]. Represented in the Hortus by a number of ornamental species. Vegetables will be added to the Hortus at a later date.
Plants in this Family
- Matthiola incana ‘Prussian Stock’
- Matthiola incana ‘Dwarf Stock’
- Matthiola incana ‘Brompton Stock’
- Matthiola incana ‘Branching Stock’
- Matthiola incana ‘Autumnal Stock’
- Matthiola incana (L.) R.Br. var. graeca
- Isatis tinctoria L.
- Iberis umbellata L.
- Iberis sempervirens L. var. superba
- Iberis lagascana DC.
- Hesperis matronalis L.
- Erysimum cheiri (L.) Crantz
- Draba incana L.